Winston Knolls has an immediate opening for 2 Classroom assistants.
Responsible for implementing educational programs, behavior intervention plans, teaching daily life skills, shadowing the students in small group settings. A Classroom Assistant is dedicated in facilitating individualized student goals in the school while simultaneous decreasing manipulative and dependent behaviors. Position exercises discretion within well-defined guidelines, practices, procedures and confidentiality.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor and track student behavior as specified on their individualized education program and behavior intervention plans
- Provide assistance with and create individualized program materials.
- Assist with group educational activities that include student IEP’s.
- Conferring and planning with teachers related to IEP objectives and/or modifications, and providing documentation.
- Assist the teacher with implementation of daily lesson plans
- Employ verbal and physical intervention techniques approved by TBS when student becomes a danger to themselves or others
- Preparation of the classroom environment for learning activities.
- Assisting student with physical needs (toileting, eating…).
- Working with audio-visual equipment, computers and/or assistive technology as related to IEP/accommodations & modifications.
Available after 60 days
- How many years of Classroom Assistant experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Paraprofessional or Substitute Teaching?